What’s Your Excuse?
This age will be remembered for lots of things. Technological advances, electronic devices that are amazing, medical miracles, instantaneous communication “everywhere”, global events that are constantly in a state of upheaval, etc. One of the sadder characteristics is the fulfillment of a very sad characteristic promised in the last days.
So many make excuses and those excuses are so very flimsy. If that same rationale given for missing or never attending church were applied to any other aspect of life, it would be laughable rather than tragic. Consider that very logic in the tongue-in-cheek illustration below….
TEN REASONS WHY I NEVER WASH
- I was made to wash as a child.
- People who wash are hypocrites. They believe they’re cleaner than other people.
- There are so many different kinds of soap. I could never decide which one was right.
- I used to wash, but it got so boring that I stopped.
- I still wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
- None of my current friends wash.
- I’m still young. Perhaps, when I’m older and get a bit dirtier, I might start washing.
- I really don’t have time.
- The bathroom is never warm enough.
- People who make soap are only after your money.
If this puzzles you, don’t worry. The same reasons are given by people who don’t attend a Christian fellowship. The tragedy is those people actually believe their reasons are valid. (Copied).
Hebrews 10:24-25 – ……and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.