A Lighter Look At Politics
The last few months have been filled with lots of anger, accusations, and acrimony in our nation’s political actions. Likely, that will not change anytime soon. So, today, I found a page filled with quotes that are light-hearted or at least “pleasant” that speak to politics in America. If you would like to peruse a few quotations from American people poking fun at our politics, then proceed. If not, this blog is not for you……hope you enjoy.
- Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process – John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
- A politician thinks of the next election – a statesman of the next generation – James Freeman Clarke.
- Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country – and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians – Charles Krauthammer.
- We believe that to err is human. To blame it on someone else is politics – Hubert H. Humphrey.
- We have the best government that money can buy – Mark Twain.
- If I wanted to go crazy I would do it in Washington because it would not be noticed – Irwin S. Cobb.
- After two years in Washington, I often long for the realism and sincerity of Hollywood – Fred Thompson.
And we must have a few of those famous quotes from one of Oklahoma’s favorite sons, Will Rogers.
- There’s no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
- The taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it except they keep coming back.
- Politics has become so expensive that it takes a lot of money even to be defeated.
- I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
All of these were taken from LETTERPILE, “100 Funny and Witty Quotations about Politics”, Greensleeves Hubs, October 28, 2016. (https://letterpile.com/quotes/Quotations-Politics).